Which are the international airports in Madagascar
Flights and airports in Madagascar
Those who enter Madagascar usually take the plane. We show the flight connections from the African and European mainland, ferry connections as well as the airports on the island.
Flights and flight time to Madagascar
The most frequently used hubs on the way from Germany to Madagascar are Paris (CDG), Addis Ababa (ADD) and Johannesburg (JNB). There are no direct flights from Germany, but if you want to fly via a European airport, you can fly with Air France via Paris to Madagascar. These flights are the shortest and have a total travel time of 15 hours.
International airports in Madagascar
For foreign tourists, only the three airports from Madagascar are actually relevant for arrival. There are also some national airports, some of them very small, with a very simple infrastructure, as well as some runways that are becoming increasingly dilapidated. Basically, the difference to international mainland airports is still enormous in Madagascar. One should not approach with the same standard when it comes to equipment, tool tapes or display boards.
- Antananarivo (TNR): Most passengers from Europe and from all other international flight connections land at the capital city Ivato. The round trips usually start from here.
- Nosy Be (NOS): Fascene on the island northwest of Madagascar is also one of the modern airports in Madagascar with international connections from Frankfurt via Johannesburg. There are also cheap direct flights from Rome and Milan.
- Mahajanga (MJN): The Amborovy Airport is located in the west of the island and connects Madagascar with Mayotte, which is why it is suitable for a round trip over the islands in the Indian Ocean as well as for a visit to the "Cirque Rouge" in Madagascar.
National airports in Madagascar
For domestic flights through Madagascar, travelers can look for suitable national flight connections with the airline Air Madagascar and its subsidiary TSARADIA. The following airports are served:
- Morondava (MOQ): Located on the west coast of Madagascar, this is a popular landing destination for all those who travel to Baobab Alley.
- Taomasina (TMM): Ambalambanasy Airport is located on the east coast and the largest port city in Madagascar. A flight there is suitable for a visit to the Akanin’ny Nofy "Nest of Dreams" on Lake Ampitabe and the chameleon farm in Marozevo.
- Antsiranana (DIE): Arrachart Airport is located in the very north of the island and connects the beautiful city of the same name and the Montagne-d’Ambre National Park with the rest of the island city by national air traffic.
- Tulear / Toliara (TLE): The airport is located in the southwest of Madagascar and is suitable for visiting the beaches on the Mozambique Channel, as well as the "Arboretum d’Antsokay" botanical garden, the thorn forest near Ifaty, the Isalo National Park and the Reniala reserve.
- Maroantsetra (WMN): Tiny airport in the northeast of the island, where only charter flights with private terminals land. A flight there is worthwhile for a stop on the island of Nosy Mangabe and for a visit to the Masoala National Park.
- Nosy Bohara: (SMS) The small St. Marie airport on the island of Nosy Bohara is one of the most modern on the island and is a suitable destination for visiting the pirate cemetery and for snorkeling tours to the offshore islands of Ile aux Nattes and Ilots aux Sables.
- Further small domestic airports in Madagascar are: Toalagnaro (Fort Dauphin, FTU with Berenty Park) and Sambava (SVB)
By ship to Madagascar
There are no regular ferry connections between Madagascar and mainland Africa. If you have a few weeks to spare, you can hire a cargo ship to Toamasina in Madagascar from the port of Mombasa (Kenya) or Zanzibar (Tanzania).
By ship and flight across the island ... the journey is already included!
- The difficulty levels of nursing schools vary
- What do people think of noetic science
- Where was Neil Diamond's last concert
- What do you use water for?
- What does the German word you mean?
- How is IIIT Allahabad for bioinformatics
- What is Google for jobs
- How much money did Microsoft start with?
- How many retailers use Groupon
- What traumatic experience did you overcome
- Why are there so many ignorant questions
- What is the best smartphone for 2016
- How do you make color thinner
- What does VR cost
- Who in NCT has the dirtiest minds
- What are modal particles
- Adam Schiff is a constitutionalist
- Are home security cameras vulnerable to cyberattacks
- What are some alternatives to Chegg com
- Has hip hop music improved in 2017
- Hillary Clinton is a respectful person
- Don't Iron Shirts Cause Cancer
- Do you have a favorite cousin
- How do people feel about bullying?