What's good about plastic
So everyone can avoid plastic in everyday life
Can a layperson differentiate between the different plastics?
Plastics all look and feel very similar. Therefore, a layman can hardly tell them apart. The triangular recycling symbol or the letter abbreviation for the specific plastic is noted on many products and especially on packaging. However, this marking is voluntary; therefore it is not found on all packaging and products.
How can the use of plastic be avoided?
Since short-lived plastic packaging makes up a third of the consumption of plastics in Germany, everyone can do a lot to reduce these quantities significantly when shopping. Examples of a low-plastic everyday life:
- Buy it fresh, unpackaged food.
- Use Reusable systems made of glass or plastic, such as yoghurt in reusable jars or drinks in reusable bottles - bottled regionally.
- Dispense You on Disposable cutlery and tableware. Alleged "organic" cutlery and crockery are no alternatives, because their production is also complex and has no significant environmental benefit. Party or picnic dishes can, however, be made of reusable plastic. Pay attention to PE or PP, because these plastics do not contain plasticizers that are harmful to health.
- Drink up Tap water instead of single-use plastic bottles. This not only saves plastic waste, it also saves a lot of money. A liter of drinking water usually costs just 0.2 cents. Very cheap mineral water costs around 20 cents; This means that tap water is at least 100 times cheaper than mineral water from plastic bottles.
- Many products are packed excessively. It is advisable to avoid them as well as the expensive gift packaging that is often offered, which often costs even more. Motto: Better to buy more product than packaging. Feel free to write to the manufacturer if you are dissatisfied with excessive packaging.
- Water in the product leads to unnecessary packaging waste. Who for example Soap used instead of liquid soap or shower gel or Washing powder concentrate instead of liquid detergents, saves waste.
- Housewares or desk utensils made of plastic can often be replaced by equally durable products made of metal, wood, porcelain or glass.
- To prevent even more Microplastics If it gets into the environment, it helps to use certified natural cosmetics or carefully read through the ingredients.
Are alternatives always ecologically better?
Unfortunately, there is not an ecologically better or more convenient alternative for every application. Simply replacing plastic with paper is putting pressure on our forests; Textiles made from conventional cotton pollute the environment through pesticides and enormous water consumption. The many plastic components in cars have contributed to the fact that the cars are lighter and thus use less fuel.
A life entirely without plastic is not a solution, but everyone can avoid the many disposable items and packaging made of plastic.
- What is the history and origin of Kabaddi
- Who is Krtin Nithyanandam
- Sells Harrods smartphones
- When does Concerta expire
- How do I master math
- Why are some language courses boring?
- How do Python 3 class objects work
- What are non-canonical Hamilton systems
- What is the difference between life after death and reincarnation
- Can use a 110V device 240V
- Could Germany win a third world war?
- Who made the spiral notebook
- What is the importance of arithmetic
- Microsoft will buy Gitlab
- What is the point of golf
- Where is Kilimanjaro
- What is the most unique lipstick color
- What is Jason Isbell's most successful song
- Was Gatorade made before Powerade
- Do children ever forget their parents' transgressions
- Is Google app is better than Siri
- Every business should be a content brand
- Is the server base for the cloud
- Israel controls the US Congress