Where will LeBron play in 2020
Fourth NBA title for the basketball superstar : How LeBron James went from loudmouth to elder statesman
When LeBron James finally held the trophy for the best player of the NBA finals in his hands and gave an interview surrounded by his celebrating teammates, he broke out for a moment.
“We just want respect. Coach Vogel wants respect. Our organization wants respect, the Lakers fans want respect. And I want my damned respect, ”said the basketball superstar on Monday night after he led the Los Angeles Lakers to their first title in ten years with a dominant 106: 93 win in the sixth game of the final series against the Miami Heat would have.
In these sentences the old LeBron James could be heard again. An equally ambitious and confident athlete who has divided the basketball world for almost two decades. Some loved the "King" for his self-confidence and his staging. The others hated him for the same reasons. The second faction has become smaller and smaller over the years.
James has transformed over his 17 NBA seasons. From the young super talent, who even before his first professional game was dubbed "The chosen one" by "Sports Illustrated" and who promptly had this immortalized on his skin.
[If you want to have the latest news from Berlin, Germany and the world live on your mobile phone, we recommend our app, which you can download here for Apple and Android devices.]
About "The Decision" when he announced in the media that he was "bringing his talents to South Beach" and leaving his home team Cleveland for Miami. To the Elder Statesman of the NBA, who puts his big ego at the service of his team and stands up against racism, police violence and for better education.
Of course, there is now another discussion about where James is now in the unwritten rankings in basketball history. Is he already the GOAT, the greatest of all time, or does Michael Jordan remain unmatched?
It's an endless and ultimately completely nonsensical discussion. One thing is certain: LeBron James is and will remain the most dominant player of his generation - or should one rather say, given his seemingly endless heyday: his generations?
At almost 36 years old, James is still a force when it comes down to it. In the past ten seasons he has reached the finals nine times and has now won the championship with the third team (2012, 2013 with Miami, 2016 with Cleveland, 2020 with the Lakers). He completed 260 games in the play-offs alone and was not even injured.
The fact that he has maintained his position at the top for such a long time is due to his discipline, in addition to his extraordinary physical prerequisites. Allegedly, James spends about $ 1.5 million a season in his body, personal trainers, nutritionists, physical therapists, and his home gym.
You can see the reward year after year, especially in the play-offs. In the final series against Miami he was on the field for 236 of 288 minutes and achieved an average of almost a triple-double (29.8 points, 11.8 rebounds, 8.5 assists). Not only has James changed his character, his game has also grown significantly.
His basketball IQ, for all his technical and athletic skills, is probably his greatest strength. James was never a pure scorer, but has become more and more versatile over the years. He has learned to trust his teammates, to make them better, to put himself at the service of the team.
This was particularly clear in this seemingly endless season, which has been shielded from the rest of the world in Disney World since the end of July. After signing Anthony Davis, James passed some of the offensive responsibility to his co-star, who was eight years his junior, making the team so much more flexible. He himself now mostly plays nominally as a playmaker, but can actually be found everywhere, depending on the situation.
The LA Lakers had to wait ten years for a title, an eternity for the most glitzy and sophisticated franchise in the NBA. In 2010, the team was still led by Kobe Bryant. His tragic accidental death presented the Lakers with a great challenge in January, but also welded the team together.
At the first home game after Bryant's death, James said: "Kobe is like a brother to me. Together with my teammates, I want to carry on his legacy - not just this year, but as long as we can play this game we love." The first step was impressive.
- Why do bad grades generally mean failure
- What minerals does volcanic ash contain
- People usually eat marijuana
- What is flag football
- How do pace and karate differ?
- Which is better pharmacy or graduation
- How can we control or stop earthquakes?
- How is power abused
- Why has real development eluded Africa?
- What is your opinion on NaMo TV
- Who has the most 1 albums
- What are the main factors of 34
- Who was America's first ally
- Is SEBA Arts different from CBSE Arts
- What is translocation in the phloem
- How are the environment and architecture connected?
- Multi-level marketing can make you rich
- Which book should I read before getting married?
- What's wrong with my knee
- Which blouse goes well with a sea-green saree
- Would you marry a Trump
- Which hospitals are ESIC approved in Thane
- What are the similarities between liberals and communists
- What is the nature of the game of hockey
- Where are unsaturated fatty acids stored
- How do I anchor a quiz session
- Is economic liberalism relevant today
- What are some books for AIPMT
- How much does a PUBG cell phone cost
- The siding increases the house value
- Is Eraserhead a horror film
- Who is the famous personality in Egypt
- What does a robot look like
- What is the best career guide for aviation