What's so great about the Silmarils
Was Fëanor really such a bad elf? [closed]
Fëanor wasn't bad, but he might have been wrong. There is a distinct difference between evil and sin.
Sin in the Christian faith is presented as man's natural desires, desires, and dreams. The pride a father feels when he lies on his back and someone offers him a helping hand that he refuses is considered a sin in his faith.
Evil, on the other hand, is clearly seen as the opposite of God's works.
Fëanor's actions were a direct result of his feelings. Love for his father, jealousy of his brothers, anger at Melkor / Morgoth's betrayal. These are sins that can be repented of in the Christian faith.
We have seen in other questions and answers that Tolkien appears to have a Catholic influence. So it wouldn't be surprising if he presented his characters' actions on a scale from good to evil based on that belief.
There is one more factor that needs to be considered. Relativity / point of view. A Teleri Elf would find Fëanor incredibly angry for stealing their lives! Whereas a Noldor elf would see Fëanor doing what is necessary for the good of his immediate relatives.
TL: DR Not angry / bad, just unethically confirmed and emotionally unstable. He was taken to the halls of Mandos until the final battle, so it appears that even the Valar saw this in Fëanor and allowed him to.
- Why do men usually lead to dancing?
- Why has Moneyball received mostly positive reviews
- Which Delhi Monuments remains open on Mondays
- What are some problems with unsupervised learning
- People drink their urine
- Is Tor Browser Virus Safe?
- How were smarties candies invented
- How do I sleep well with noise
- His real name was Engelbert Humperdinck
- What if the whole earth were Jewish?
- What does this mean in Excel 7
- When is code duplication okay?
- Why is President Trump so viscerally disregarded
- What is Facebook crypto currency Libra
- How can I solve an Irodov problem
- How much will be charged 20000 mAh
- A blind man can cry
- Are you a gaming geek
- Which genjutsu is stronger kotoamatsukami or tsukuyomi?
- Every chord has inversions
- Which is better Apple or Microsoft 1
- Is existence infinite
- How can I calculate exponents in Java
- What are the most popular NYU bars