What is private insurance
Who can assure himself private?
Civil servants, the self-employed and high-earning employees are the classic customers
Only those who are not obliged to take out insurance can take out private insurance: These are self-employed persons, civil servants and all employees with wages above the mandatory insurance limit of 62,550 euros per year. Anyone who exceeds the annual income limit (JAE) for a period of one year can leave the statutory health insurance and take out private insurance.
The self-employed and civil servants can take out private insurance regardless of their income. Civil servants receive a medical allowance from the state. Private health insurance offers quota tariffs tailored to this aid from civil servants and is therefore usually superior to statutory health insurance.
Students and doctors doing internships can also get exempt from compulsory insurance in the statutory health insurance and look for private health insurance. Finally, artists and publicists can be exempt from compulsory insurance. Around seven million people in Germany have private comprehensive health insurance.
In statutory health insurance, the contribution is based on economic performance: those who earn a lot pay a high contribution. Those who earn little also pay little. In private health insurance, the premium is calculated according to the risk and does not decrease if there is a loss of income. That is why you should only take out private insurance if you have the necessary income on a permanent basis.
Full private health insurance: request a comparison
Before taking out private health insurance, a needs and cost analysis is essential and required by law. You can request a comparison, offer and advice here free of charge and without obligation.
Anyone who becomes subject to compulsory insurance again because their income has fallen below the mandatory limit can be exempted from compulsory insurance. Under certain conditions, this can also be done by privately insured persons who become unemployed or take up a part-time job. The important thing is: once you get exempt from compulsory insurance, you can hardly go back to the statutory health insurance system. After reaching the age of 55, a change from private to statutory health insurance is generally excluded.
Salaried employees and workers whose earned income is below the compulsory insurance limit are compulsory members of the statutory health insurance. You cannot take out full private insurance. If you still want to be a private patient, you can opt for private supplementary insurance to the statutory one.
An "expectancy insurance" can preserve the rights from a private health insurance during the period in which there are claims against other insurance carriers. When benefits are resumed, illnesses that have occurred in the meantime are either included in the insurance cover (small entitlement) or, in addition, provisions for aging have been built up (large entitlement). For example, police officers and soldiers who are entitled to free medical care can take advantage of early private health insurance.
Entitlement insurance can also be of interest to those with private insurance who have become unemployed, because the unemployed are automatically subject to compulsory insurance in the statutory health insurance funds if they have not already reached the age of 55. If unemployment lasts for less than a year, it is possible to revive the previous private insurance contract under the old conditions even without entitlement insurance. In addition, there is the option of being exempted from compulsory health insurance at the start of unemployment, provided that private health insurance has been in place for at least 5 years.
© Copyright 2021, Euro-Information, Berlin - All rights reserved.
Euro-Informations assumes no liability for the completeness, correctness and topicality of the information.
Contents are for personal information. Any further use, storage in a database, publication, duplication only with the consent of Euro-Informations, Berlin.
- How effective would a lightning strike be
- Brainwave scanning technology will revolutionize psychotherapy
- How does packaging affect the environment?
- What is a teen rant
- When will Fuchsia replace the Android operating system?
- Is baerisch baerisch tomorrow
- Has CBD replaced traditional treatments
- Is my father's behavior alarming
- Made Steve Jobs Toy Story
- What is the most competitive exam in India
- Can completely replace human blood
- Which prophet is least mentioned in the Koran?
- Why does DNA clump together
- How do you convert kilojoules to kilowatts
- Lenovo ruined Motorola
- Why do phlegmatic people make me crazy
- How long does it take to cook
- Bondi Beach has good surfing
- How have you enjoyed your college life?
- Tubeless tires burst
- Is the semantic memory stored in the hippocampus
- Which is the best Marwari marriage bureau
- Why is Palestine called the Holy Land
- Are you learning French
- Can you imagine this sentence correctly
- Does air traffic affect blood pressure?
- Sirhan Sirhan is hiding the truth
- How can I get rid of homesickness
- What is the best source for umami
- Make most Danes want to visit Groenland
- Foreign players dominate the IPL
- Where is the valley of flowers