What is an antivirus for a child
Protection software for children
Back to Windows XP (although what has been written here also applies to Vista and Windows 7, of course). Many well-known manufacturers of protection software have also integrated child protection in their security suites. At McAfee Total Protection, for example, the child protection function is called Parental Controls. This gives you control over which websites your children visit. Kaspersky's Internet Security suite also has parental controls to protect against unsuitable websites.
And of course Avira Premium Security Suite also has child protection (but not the well-known free Avira Antivir Personal-Free Antivirus and also not its paid version Avira Antivir Premium). This function, which Avira calls "Child Protection", can also be used to block websites that are harmful to minors.
There are also stand-alone applications that specialize in access control for children. For example, the tried and tested Parental Control 2011 from Salfeld.de, to name just one special commercial solution. You can test Parental Control 2011 free of charge for 30 days, so you don't have to buy a pig in a poke. A license costs 29.90 euros as a download and 39.90 euros as a CD. There are also multi-user licenses.
Parental Control 2011 can be conveniently configured via a web frontend. You can set time limits and blocking times separately for the PC and for Internet use. The time limits can be set per day, week and month as well as for individual days of the week. To block dangerous URLs, Parental Control 2009 uses blacklists that are constantly updated by the manufacturer's server. As for file sharing: You can block the most popular file sharing programs with a single click of the mouse. You can also define running times and blocking times for selected programs. Unwanted programs can be blocked completely.
Incidentally, the Internet providers also offer child protection software, for example T-Online with "child protection software". However, it is only available for T-Home customers to download.
In addition to paid child protection programs, parents will also find what they are looking for under the freeware offer. For example Parents-Friend or TimeRestrict Free Edition.
When using such locking programs, however, you should be aware that resourceful tinkerers - and children are often very resourceful - can undermine this software under certain circumstances. For example, if the computer is not started from the hard drive but with a rescue system such as BartPE or a Linux live system. If your child inserts such a live CD and starts your computer with it, they can storm the Internet without any restrictions.
- Why is sodium stored in kerosene 1
- Excited electrons release gamma rays
- Is Sri Lanka mosquito free
- How to say English in French
- What and who are paid informants
- What is the optimization of the AMPDU aggregation
- What are some quiz competition websites
- Why do narcissists protect
- What language do the Ukrainians speak
- Which questions phrases make you feel familiar
- Is Libra's crypto currency more secure than Bitcoin
- How did Donald Trump become a billionaire
- Which main sport has the weakest athletes?
- What is your new moon ritual
- What is Facebook crypto currency Libra
- Antimatter is still important
- Which hotel allows unmarried couples in Calcutta
- What makes a good SEM specialist
- Why do boys want trophy friends
- Is it possible to produce oil artificially?
- What is the top search on eBay
- How can my QuickBooks files be updated
- Why don't we eat cartilaginous fish
- But how can I be more