How does Google display my website
Why you should submit your website to Google
A large proportion of Internet users find your website through search engines, especially Google. Because Google indexes websites by adding the respective URLs to a huge database and then compiling the search results from this. Without this indexing, you will not be displayed by any search engine. You can either submit your website to Google yourself or have it crawled. A crawler is a program that follows the links on a website. Over time, Google records all possible Internet pages and expands its index. How long it will take for search engines to find your homepage on their own is uncertain. The databases are expanded around the clock.
- Early in the Google index
- Can be found quickly on Google
- Increase traffic to your own site
- Increase visitor numbers or sales
Submit a website to Google in just a few steps
Appear at the top of the search results with a good ranking - this is the desire of many website operators. Research has shown that the Back pages only clicked by very few users become. Even the lower positions on the first page of the search results (SERP, Search Engine Result Page) are no longer noticed by many Internet surfers and instead refine the search term if they do not find a suitable result in the upper half of the page. So that Google can display your website as early as possible, you should enter it manually and not wait for the Google crawlers to come across your website by themselves.
However, the entry of your homepage does not mean that it will be indexed immediately. You provide the link to your website in a way an application to google to log in. How and when this will happen cannot be predicted with certainty. In most cases it will take a few days. And not all urls are included in the database. But don't let that discourage you. As long as you follow the guidelines of the search engines and the HTML code of your homepage is ok, Google will store your website in the index.
It only takes a few steps to submit your website to Google.
1. Create a Google account
If you already have an account with Google (e.g. for web analyzes with Analytics), the following steps are not necessary, because you can then log into the Search Console at any time with the same account data as for Analytics.
If you don't already have a Google account, go to the Search Console as well. In the view that opens, click on "Login" and follow the further instructions. Google itself has put together detailed instructions on how to create a Google account.
2. Register your website in the Search Console
Log in to the Search Console with your login data and click on "Add property":
In the next window, enter the full address of your website, always with "http" or "https":
3. Confirm your website in the Search Console
Not only do you register your website in the Search Console, you can also use it to analyze the number of visitors. However, in order for Google to know that you are really entitled to receive information about the registered website, you must confirm this in one of the following four ways:
- Upload a file to your server.
- Add a meta tag to your website's HTML code.
- Add a new DNS record.
- Use your Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager account.
The method recommended (and easiest) by Google is to upload a file to the server:
Google then automatically generates an HTML file with a cryptic name. When you download this file, upload it to your server via FTP and then call it up in your browser, the website is confirmed.
4. "Move" the website into the Google index
To add a heavily updated subpage or a completely new website to the Google index, you can add additional URLs at any time using the Search Console.
Google assist with an XML sitemap
XML sitemaps make it even easier for Google and other search engines to fully capture all of the content of your website. A sitemap is a directory of all the subpages of a domain. A sitemap in the XML scripting language is easy to read for search engines so that they can find even the smallest and hidden sub-page.
Some readers also like to orientate themselves on sitemaps in order to find certain content. However, HTML sitemaps are more likely to be used for this, as they are graphically more appealing. But just like XML sitemaps, they can have a positive influence on the ranking, since search engines definitely perceive the existence of an HTML sitemap and classify it as user-friendly.
Even more present on the web thanks to business directories
In addition to the best possible placement in search engines, it is also important for companies today to be represented in the best possible way in online directories and online business directories. These serve as a guide for potential customers - for example when looking for providers in the region.
A directory entry should be as informative as possible: Contact and address data, a meaningful descriptive text, opening times, pictures, logos and current news are a must to stand out from other entries and to present the company in the best possible way.
This applies to all industries - from car repair shops to locksmiths. But no matter what kind of company you run, that STRATO listingCoach is a practical tool with which you can present your website fully automatically and with just one click in many directories and increase the reach of your company. Some of the time-saving features are explained below:
- You only have to enter the data once - the listingCoach then distributes the information to the various directories. You only have to make changes in one place.
- The listingCoach automatically recognizes the business directories as rightful owner an account and provide your details with write protection so that third parties cannot change them.
- The listingCoach collects customer reviews from the various platforms and directories in a central location so that you can react and respond quickly.
Conclusion: registering your website with Google has advantages
- Google will include the website in the index as soon as possible.
- Potential customers can quickly find your website with all information and offers in the search engines.
- For even more presence on the Internet, you can also register your site in business directories - the STRATO listingCoach simplifies your work.
- What is science magic
- What is the power of poetry
- Richard Mueller was a climate change denier
- Why does silk make you sweat more?
- Why is my baby spitting out milk
- How can a SIM be activated
- Does Google X really exist?
- A taboo has failed
- What are some blues rock music
- Can Russian nuclear weapons reach the United States?
- Which material is the king of textiles
- How do whole abdominal shells taste
- What do people think of Athens, Greece
- What is night mode on Android
- Why is MTBE added to gasoline
- How do you apply adhesive plaster
- Is the Xiaomi Mi China's iPhone
- What are different types of accounts
- What is the best radio station in Azerbaijan
- What does Sansevieria
- What motivates people to study business administration
- Who Googles Taylor Swift
- Why did Jack Kevorkian become Dr. Called Death
- Support a separate cooch behar