What are non-canonical Hamilton systems
8.3 Canonical equation of motion - Hamilton's formulation
We define the Hamilton function of a mechanical system (use the definition of generalized momentum )
and first want to show the conditions under which it is a conserved quantity
Using the Lagrange equation for and the chain rule for One finds
is therefore a conserved quantity if the Lagrange function does not explicitly depend on time. The Hamilton function is now the starting point for a reformulation of the equation of motion of classical mechanics. To do this, we consider the following partial derivatives of
The resulting equations of motion for the generalized coordinates and momenta
one calls the Hamilton equations or the canonical equations of motion. They are equivalent to the Lagrange equations and thus also to Newton's equations of motion. The Hamilton function of a system of mass points is identical to the total mechanical energy if the constraints of the system are (i) holonomic, i.e. independent of the velocity of the mass points, and (ii) scleronomic, i.e. independent of time. In this case the generalized coordinates are only dependent on the Cartesian coordinates of the mass points, so that : One can show that under such constraints the kinetic energy is a homogeneous quadratic function of the generalized velocity, i.e.
So it follows
and you get for ( is independent of the generalized speed)
There is a conservation quantity is also a conserved quantity as we would expect from a conservative system.
M. Keim, H.J. Ludde
- All Texas lakes are man-made
- How do I make rules with roommates
- Which coffee percolator is the best
- How can a scientific theory change?
- What can I do with a microphone
- Donald Trump married Melania out of love
- How does growing up affect people mentally?
- Which is the best pulmonologist in Lahore
- Has an isolated electron spin
- What was your strategy for SSC CGL
- Christians were Jewish before Jesus
- Are ULIP plans good
- Is Glastonbury for middle class people
- How do alcoholism drugs work
- Can guava tea help you lose weight
- Why is the US angry with Huawei
- What does Pluto Conjunct Midheaven indicate
- How does reading improve memory 1
- The CLAT is tough
- Health tips always work in life
- Are there the Viking gods
- What is a pneumatic brake system
- When did the first Chipotle open?
- Why did you choose Auburn University?