Why do most websites fail
10 Reasons Most Websites Are Doomed to Fail [Slideshow]
Do you still know the origins of the internet? Back when little to almost no design was used online? Fortunately, with the advancement of the internet, so came the advancement of web design. So there are almost no limits to the design of your own website, true to the motto: Everything is possible.
However, some do not know how to deal with this "freedom of design" and so fall into one or the other trap. These can then contribute to the failure of your website. The following slideshow lists ten reasons why websites can fail.
1. All for one
The best websites are Tailored to one. Regardless of whether it is your name, profession or point in time in the buying process. If you use registration forms etc. on your website, use this information to guide your visitors to address directly.
2. Mobile websites
In 2014, more mobile devices will be used than desktop PCs. The internet will more often mobile than at home called. Even so, 46% of all mobile users still have difficulty using mobile websites.
The best websites are optimized for every device. Over half of all companies that developed a website specifically for mobile devices were able to achieve an increase in profits.
3. Incorrect use of animations
Unfortunately, animations are being abused more and more frequently by websites: They are jam-packed with information. The right way to use animations is to use them Support of the content used, not as a distraction.
4. Overloaded content
Unfortunately, a website that is flooded with text and information is less of a success. Ever easier and simpler the website is kept the better.
5. Gibberish and technical language
Be kind to your visitors by not overwhelming them with complicated headlines and text. In addition, you should avoid phrases such as “our pioneering technology”, “the new generation of”. It is best to address your visitors like a normal person, as if you were talking to them. Without technical jargon or unnecessary foreign words.
6. Catchiness instead of clarity
For many, clarity is less important than catchiness. So you pay attention to "catchy" headlines, which then usually only cause confusion. The best websites already answer the question: "What can you do for me?" On the entry page. By formulating clear and understandable titles, they ensure Credibility and entertainment.
Don't talk too much about yourself or your company or your website will look like a promotional brochure. How many awards you have been awarded can be interesting, but your self-promotion should not displace good content.
8. Too many calls to action
A visitor with too many Call-To-Action buttons is overwhelmed, quickly takes flight. The goal of a website is simple: take the visitor to the next logical step.
Guide the visitor through your content with calls to action and meaningful links.
9. Interruptions, disruptions
Too much advertising can interrupt the visitor just as much as unexpected background music or hidden links. Position advertisements where you want them Reader doesn't necessarily interrupt.
10. Fatal mistakes
Slides 65 to 68 show you what your website should definitely not look like ...
- Are Agatha Christie's books still popular?
- What if there were no films
- Which YouTube fitness channel are you following
- Tell me about Customer Service Assessment 1
- Why is violence not the answer
- What is the best automated trading software
- Why don't you hear any music?
- What is a Facebook coin
- How do I avoid infections while swimming
- What is the ultimate karaoke setup
- What does holy mean in the Bible?
- Hibernate Kanadagaense
- Can play a PS4 Blu-ray Disc
- Why are the Chinese mountains so jagged
- What is the GPA requirement for FAFSA
- Why is Baidu Antivirus Free
- Why is WordPress so important for web design
- What is heredity
- Who are your favorite scientists?
- What makes a book worm a book worm
- What is the BSE 500 TRI
- What is cloud computing 19
- Watch Indian Bollywood Movies
- How many are 60 semester hours
- Ketchup was invented before mustard
- Why is there no money in ATMs
- What is the area code 323
- BITS Goa is a strict college
- What's your rating of Kindle Paperwhite
- How is bioinformatics helpful in sequencing DNA
- How did Dave Grohl come to Nirvana
- How do I leave my baby's father
- How do you bypass security systems
- How have you enjoyed your college life?