What sizes are ceiling fan blades
FAQ ceiling fans
Part 1: General Questions
1. What are the dimensions of the ceiling fan and room so that the air is optimally distributed?
- 76 cm / 30 "in diameter for rooms up to 10 sqm
- 105 cm / 42 "in diameter for rooms up to 15 sqm
- 112 cm / 44 "in diameter for rooms up to 15-18 square meters
- 122 cm / 48 "in diameter for rooms up to 18-20 square meters
- 132 cm / 52 "in diameter for rooms up to 25 sqm
- 152 cm in diameter for rooms up to 30 square meters
- 182 cm in diameter for rooms up to 35 square meters
For large rooms, we also recommend installing 2 possibly smaller fans at different points in order to achieve better ventilation.
2. Are the fans also available in other colors and designs?
In general, we only deliver the models in the shop in the versions described there. Modifications according to customer requirements are unfortunately not possible.
3. How high is the energy consumption of the fans?
The energy consumption is different for each fan and also depends on the selected speed. The corresponding values can be found in the technical specifications of the fans.
4. Do the fans have different speeds?
Depending on the model, Westinghouse ceiling fans have at least three speed levels. The respective number of revolutions varies with the different fan types and is fixed at the factory.
5. Can the fans be hung on a slope?
When installing with the hanging tube / extension rod supplied, the fan compensates for sloping ceilings up to an inclination of 40 °. Here, however, the distance between the blades and the sloping roof must be observed.
6. Which direction of rotation is the right one for summer or winter switching?
In the summer mode, the ceiling fan rotates to the left and in the winter mode to the right. In the summer run, the temperature can be noticeably cooled by the air circulation, in the winter run the warm air is brought back from the ceiling to the lower room and distributed there.
7. The ceiling fan suddenly runs very slowly, what is the problem?
A defective capacitor can be the cause of this. There are 3 screws that connect the lighting and the housing to the underside of the fan. Remove these screws and remove the lighting or housing cover. In the housing you will find a small rectangular black plastic box, this is approx. 3.8 cm tall. This is the capacitor, on which you will find several cables at the top. Make a note of the color of these and the number on the side of the capacitor. Followed there you will also see the letters "uf". With this information, contact Westinghouse Customer Service on 02161 573070.
8. What does the warranty include?
Westinghouse offers fans of proven quality. You receive a 2-year warranty on the products. There is no warranty claim for any illuminants supplied.
Part 2: installing the ceiling fan
1. Can I install a ceiling fan myself?
Yes you can. The installation guide will guide you through the assembly step by step. However, the duration of the assembly depends on the particular model that you have chosen. At this point, Westinghouse Lighting Corporation offers you the patented INSTALOC system, which greatly simplifies assembly with a maximum of 15 different parts. A ceiling fan usually consists of at least 60 individual parts. But since our models with the INSTALOC system are pre-assembled at the factory, you can attach your new ceiling fan within a few minutes.
2. My winter garden has a very steep ceiling. What is the maximum pitch / angle to easily mount a ceiling fan?
40 ° is the maximum angle of incline to easily mount a ceiling fan. You should make sure that there is a space of about 15 cm from the fastening of the fan to the sloping sides.
3. What can I do if the infrared remote control does not work after installation?
If this is the case, first check whether the remote control is connected to the power supply and the control unit is connected to the battery. Then turn ON the light switch you normally use for lighting. Now press button 1 “on the control panel and set the rotation speed to the highest level. Now switch on the lighting on the control panel. If the light does not switch on, switch on the light on the pull chain of the fan. The pull chains should not be used until the remote control installation has been successfully completed. A repeated error during the installation of the remote control is plugging the two cable ends together on the infrared receiver. One connection should be made here with the fan and another with the lighting. Otherwise the ceiling fan cannot be supplied with power. The light on the control panel should also flash when the corresponding buttons are pressed.
4. Description: Correct blade orientation for ceiling fans.
If the blades of the ceiling fan are not balanced, the fan begins to wobble, which in turn has a negative effect on the components of the motor and can lead to earlier wear. For the fan to run properly, the blades should be tight and properly balanced. Therefore, all screws connecting the wing and housing should be tightened and checked regularly. The screws connecting the extension rod to the housing and the ceiling must also be tight. You can also try to balance the blades with the weights (balance kit). In addition, a coin can be attached to the upper wing of the fan with adhesive tape to prevent the fan from jerking back and forth. If this does not help, you can also change the position of the weight. This requires some time and patience until the right position is found. You should also look closely at each blade to see if there are any bumps or damage to be seen. If the blades are actually damaged, they should be replaced. If the color of the blades on your fan is no longer available, you must replace the entire set of blades. Deformed blades can also cause the fan to wobble back and forth. If you want to check this, you should remove the blades and place them on a flat surface. This is the best way to spot bumps. You should also replace the deformed blades in this situation.
5. Description: You hear strange noises from your ceiling fan.
Pinpointing the noise of a ceiling fan can be difficult. However, there are a few possibilities to find out the causes and to eliminate the annoying noises. A new ceiling fan may start out with a “humming” sound, this problem can be solved as follows. The fan should be turned on and operated for between 12-24 hours. So the ball bearings in the motor are oiled and the humming finally disappears. Parts of the fan such as blades or lighting that have not been properly attached can also make noises. In this case, you should retighten the screws and check whether the noises disappear. If this is not the case, a rubber ring or similar material can be placed between the lamp holder and the glass. Especially when screws are used here to fix the lamp glass. If you cannot solve the problem yourself, please contact your dealer. You should also regularly check the condition of your ceiling fan and, if necessary, tighten all screws regularly.
Part 3: Questions about accessories
1. Is it possible to install a wall switch and remote control on the fan?
You can't use both. Either a suitable wall switch or a remote control.
2. Can you use a remote control for each fan?
Yes, each of our fans can be retrofitted with a remote control with the exception of the "Hugger" fans.
3. Can you operate two or more devices with one remote control?
Since these are infrared remote controls, you can operate several fans with one hand control (control unit). However, each fan requires its own receiver to receive and convert the signals from the hand control.
4. How can I reset the remote control?
Set the fan to the highest level, switch on the light (please use the pull cords to do both). Let the fan run for about 1 minute, then switch the fan off completely for 1 minute and then switch the device on again. Now press 1 “on your remote control.
5. What is the size of the fuse in the 78949 remote control?
6. How many fans can be operated with one wall switch?
A wall switch can control up to 4 ceiling fans. If the lighting is switched on / off with the wall switch, we advise you to only operate one fan with the remote control (due to the current strength).
7. What cabling do you need to mount the wall switch?
The wall switch with lighting requires a three-wire cable for installation. The control unit in the fan (regulates the speed) requires a 2-core cable.
8. What should you consider when buying an extension pole? And what lengths are there for this?
The best air circulation is achieved when the blades are 2.5 to 3 m above the ground. There are extension rods in two different sizes:
9. Can I shorten the extension rod myself?
The extension rods are available in two sizes, 30.5 and 46 cm, and cannot be shortened.
10. Can the fans be controlled via a dimmer?
No. The speed of rotation of the fans is fixed and must not be changed using a dimmer, as this can damage the motor. A remote control must be used to dim the light.
- How do duvets and duvets compare
- What metal is used in household wiring
- Will Hinduism disappear from India?
- Are there anti-blackholes like blackholes
- Why is Elohim so seedy
- Smoke penetrates glass
- People even watch women's sports
- What is the best software for 3D tracking
- How are Canadians different from Canadians?
- How did God change you
- What is Univision
- DHCP is a layer 2 protocol
- What a strategy in stock market trading
- Can I work during the 11th degree?
- Do psychopaths prefer bitter or sweet foods
- How often does the Congress meet in secret?
- Who creates us God or science
- Where does the word testimony come from?
- Can religion really achieve anything?
- How is mathematical analysis applied to companies
- Are IT recruiters interested in infographic résumés?
- Animals should eat people
- Is the Ninja 300 really small
- What are dark galaxies
- Why we feel sleepy while preparing for the exam
- What is the desalination of sea water
- What are Google Opinion Rewards
- Where can I buy spruce in Chile
- Does anyone like Ateez
- Good poems for difficult times
- How useful it is to take a psychology course
- Is circuit and gate circuit different
- What happened to Henri Desire Landru
- Is ITI better or not