Why is President Trump so viscerally disregarded
A week before the parliamentary elections in Israel, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that if he won the election, he would annex the Jordan Valley. "Today I announce my intention to apply Israeli sovereignty to the Jordan Valley and the northern Dead Sea with the formation of the next government," said Netanyahu on Tuesday. He showed a map showing the area as "Israel's Eastern Frontier". Netanyahu promised to take the necessary steps immediately after the coalition was formed. He wanted to extend sovereignty to all Jewish settlements.
The politician of the right-wing nationalist Likud spoke of a "historic opportunity" since US President Donald Trump announced the presentation of his Middle East peace plan shortly after the elections in Israel. However, Netanyahu did not say whether he had discussed his actions with Trump. However, he announced that he would wait until the United States presented the Middle East peace plan with the implementation of his plan. From the White House, which is said to have been informed in advance by Netanyahu, it was said in the evening: There was no change in the plan.
After the withdrawal of US Middle East negotiator Jason Greenblatt announced last week, there are already doubts as to whether the plan, which has been announced several times, will ever be presented. Trump has promised that he will get the "deal of the century". In June, Netanyahu said during a tour of the Jordan country with the now relieved Security Advisor John Bolton and the US Ambassador to Israel, David Friedman: "This area west of the Jordan will always remain in our hands."
Around 450,000 Jewish settlers live in the West Bank
There was criticism of Netanyahu's announcement from both right and left parties in Israel, who unanimously described the move as campaign propaganda. Representatives of the New Right Party said that in his 13 years as Prime Minister he would have had enough time to take such steps. Even before the April election, after which Netanyahu failed to form a government, the prime minister had announced the annexation of parts of the West Bank. Most recently he had stated that no settlement would be abandoned. Around 450,000 Jewish settlers live in around 120 settlements in the Israeli-occupied West Bank.
Israeli media interpreted Netanyahu's statements as an attempt to draw voters for the Likud away from other parties such as the New Right, which act as representatives of settler interests. In polls last week, the blue-white opposition alliance under Benny Gantz pushed itself in front of Netanyahu's Likud. In none of the polls is it enough for the formation of a right-wing government under Netanyahu's leadership without the party of Avigdor Lieberman, who voted the prime minister off after the April election.
Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammed Shtaye said: "The Palestinian territory is not part of Netanyahu's election campaign." Netanyahu is the central "saboteur of the peace process" and Israel will be the loser in the long term if the prime minister wants to win the elections in the short term by annexing the settlement blocs. In the next few days, the Palestinian leadership wants to discuss the consequences.
Netanyahu was holding a campaign rally in Ashdod Tuesday evening when sirens sounded. Palestinian militants fired two rockets from the Gaza Strip at Israel. Both missiles were intercepted by the Iron Dome defense system. The Prime Minister had to break off his speech and leave the stage. A few minutes later he continued his performance and declared: "Even if we are evacuated, we will return." Campaign appearances by politicians from other parties in Israeli locations near the Gaza Strip were also interrupted. On Wednesday night, the Israeli army attacked 15 targets in the northern and central part of the Gaza Strip.
- Which ACH service provider accepts international dealers
- The FAFSA is out of money
- What are CEED and UCEED coaching
- Could the moon have been made by humans?
- What did Heisenberg say about electrons?
- Is Sudan a black country
- Why are Quorans silent today?
- Should I still fear rejection
- Do you think Johnny Depp is innocent?
- How do I use Bitmoji
- How good is BITS Pilani
- Which European country is closer to Africa?
- Are the laptops bought online good
- Is there a polite word for shit posting
- What is a soliton
- What are the uses for carbon monoxide
- Is Fethullah Gulen a terrorist
- What's your rating of Node js
- Why is linaclotide a dangerous drug
- Can film actors look into the camera
- What are some free sign websites online
- Why do we study pressure in meteorology
- What is a stepper motor
- Will the Ferengi ever join the Federation?
- Why is Andorra not part of Spain?
- Can play N64 NES games
- How are leaves in plants changed
- What is Cardiovascular Technology Degree on BSc
- Can autistic people watch anime
- Depression may cause or trigger chronic fatigue
- Multi-level marketing can make you rich
- Why should a person reject religion
- Are ENTJs naturally extroverted or introverted
- What was the main purpose of stocks