What are the functions of natural satellites
Speed in space
Objects orbiting a planet are called satellites. Each complete orbit of a planet by a satellite is called an orbit.
Our earth has a natural satellite - the moon. However, since October 1957, many thousands of artificial (man-made) satellites have been carried in orbits around our earth.
In order to be able to maintain their orbit, satellites have to reach a very high speed, which depends on the height of the orbit. For example, a circular orbit 300 km above the earth's surface requires a speed of 7.8 km / s (28,000 km / h). At this speed, a satellite orbits the earth once every 90 minutes.
Satellites have to move so fast to counterbalance the gravitational pull of the earth. This can be compared to throwing a ball. The harder the ball is thrown, the further it flies before falling back to the ground.
If you could throw it hard enough to reach the required speed, the ball would go into orbit. He would never fall back to earth. If you threw it harder so that it could reach a speed of 11.2 km / s (40,300 km / h, the so-called escape speed), it would leave the earth completely. Our ball would then become a satellite of the sun.
Last modified October 12, 2011
- What is the charge of the anode and the cathode
- What is the most misunderstood thing about antidepressants
- Are steroid stacks legal
- How does someone become a urology nurse
- How are agnostics and deists different?
- Why do most antidepressants increase sleep
- Why the aviation industry is going downhill
- What should you know about German ethics
- What day did Allah create Adam
- How to be successful in a pageant interview
- How do I fix peeling paint
- Distance learning is possible at Loyola College
- Doesn't Coachella get worse every year
- How does Denver compare to San Francisco?
- How can you logically define the time
- Why do I like to watch YouTube
- How do I use good or good
- What is Wahhabism and Salafism about
- Is steroid use legal in Canada
- Why is my Activa 3G sparkling
- Are microcontrollers computers
- What is the package after completing cfa
- How would you rate my jazzy song
- What are SEAL salaries