How do I unlock a network
Eliminate device lock
For years you have been able to access your WLAN with your old laptop without any problems, but you seem out of luck with your brand new notebook. Did you type in the network name and key correctly? If so, you may have activated a filter in the WLAN that only lets certain devices in. He decides who is allowed in based on the MAC address. Each WLAN adapter and each network card has such a unique identification number.
Temporarily plug your notebook directly into the WLAN router using a network cable. Log into the configuration interface of your router using your web browser. Now look for the settings for the MAC address. Here you can either deactivate the filter or add the MAC address of the new notebook. How to find them is explained in the tip "Show network information" on the previous page.
Retrofitting new radio technology: There are various standards for WLAN networks, ranging from IEEE 802.11 to the current IEEE 802.11n. Is your wireless network too slow despite a brand new router? It is possible that your PC or notebook only supports one of the older, slower standards. In this case you should consider buying a new WLAN adapter that you can connect to the PC or notebook via USB.
If the router is a bit older, check the manufacturer's website to see whether there is a firmware update for the device. It is not uncommon for a new WLAN standard to be retrofitted with it. Encrypt signal: Unlike wired networks, with a wireless network you have little or no control over the range of the signal. Someone in front of your apartment door or in front of your window can access your WLAN. That is why good encryption is the most important thing.
Nowadays you should absolutely encrypt the wireless network with WPA2 or WPA-PSK. Select the AES algorithm. The old standards WEP and WPA 1.0, however, are no longer secure enough. If one of the WLAN devices does not support WPA2 or WPA-PSK, change the device and not the encryption. When encrypting using WPA-PSK, the network key should preferably consist of 60 to 64 characters and be composed of upper and lower case letters and numbers. You can also use special characters, which further increases security.
But watch out: Older devices or operating systems sometimes have problems with special characters. The result is that a device does not accept the key or does not connect to the WLAN despite correct entry. In such cases, change the network key to a variant without special characters.
- What people like to pose naked
- What are squatter rights in Canada
- What is mesocellulite
- What are the best things about Facebook
- What do you know about Stephen Hawking
- Can we control our senses through vibrations?
- Can an MCA graduate pursue an MS
- Who inspired the character Geordi La Forge
- Are Kakashi and Zabuza considered to be S rank
- How can I ignore my laziness
- What is the formula of diazonium salt
- Has anyone ever benefited from LIC
- What is literacy in the 21st century
- Can CBD vape oil get you high
- How can I watch Europa League online
- Why is YouTube full of Indians
- Why is math so complicated
- In which direction is the world going
- What is the best material for mattresses
- Money has been scientifically tested
- Artificial Intelligence knows your Artificial Intelligence
- What is a communication disadvantage
- What are the beginnings of modern dentistry
- Why is there a scientific dogma
- Can JEE help me to crack the pilot's test
- How reliable is the Aspie Quiz
- When is the competition bad?
- How much is 2 2 2 13
- Which team won the Vivo IPL 2018
- Can software developers make video games
- What are the benefits of padmasana
- Want democrats to raise taxes
- Why can't football teams have more submarines?
- Why don't more people eat wild meat