What is music theory and composition
In the Composition major, the basic skills for organizing and realizing sounds within a current cultural environment are taught. The prerequisite for composers is a solid and well-conceived listening training. The core of the craft to be acquired is formed by historical typesetting techniques and by analysis.
Since the 1997 winter semester, the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna has offered a course in “Electroacoustic Composition” that can be taken in parallel to “Composition” or “Media Composition”, but also to “Music Theory”. The first stage of study is common to all of these branches of study.
Our approach aims to
- To develop sound languages in which people can communicate and understand each other in a differentiated manner, away from commercially used routes,
- To use reflection and analysis as critical instruments and to develop them further
- Building construction and spontaneity as a creative basis.
We see training as a creative adventure between science and art.
Due to the continued tense situation due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the admission test will be held digitally this year!
You are cordially invited to the student concerts. You can take the opportunity to get in contact with students and teachers! Admission is free. You can find dates under Events.
Application for the degree
- In the document "Information on the entrance examination" (download above) you can find out what you need to prepare for the entrance examination. Some documents such as B. You have to upload the exam program when you register online.
- Create an applicant account on mdwOnline if you do not already have an mdwOnline account from another degree at the mdw.
- In your account, click on "Registration for the admission test" and then on "Enter application" in the top right corner. Now follow the instructions. For studies that do not appear in the registration program, the registration deadline has expired or registration is not yet possible!
- If German is not your first language, please provide evidence of your knowledge of German. You can find more information on this in the document "Information on the entrance examination".
- Important: If you are a citizen of a third country (not EU / EEA, Switzerland, Liechtenstein), find out about entry and residence requirements in good time.
- After your registration has been checked, you will be informed of the assigned exam date by email.
- Take the entrance exam. Remember to bring photo ID.
After the entrance examination
- You will receive the result of the admission test by email.
- If you have passed the entrance examination, you still have to enroll in order to study at the mdw. To do this, come to the StudienCenter within the admission period and take your passport or identity card with you.
- You can find out the next steps in the brochure "New at the mdw?"
- How does DNA polymerase work
- Fortnite is a 2 player game
- What is a continuous pyrolysis plant
- Why most lawyers are white
- Did YouTube remove the date of the video upload
- What are impressions
- Why do narcissists hate empaths so much
- Adobe Flash Player error message on startup
- When will India become 100 plastic free
- What do you mean by senescence
- Who would win between Pitou and Chrollo?
- What is space? Explain briefly
- Why doesn't Windows 10 play DVDs
- Why didn't Quora apply for Y Combinator
- What difficulties did you have while fasting?
- Do actors make good directors and why
- Can your crush become true love
- How does a bid request work?
- Are there female players on Xbox
- Is the Xiaomi Mi China's iPhone
- How do I solve Outlook sync problems
- A super-intelligent AI would be conscious
- Are psychotics born or made
- Doctors give themselves medical examinations