When were email attachments invented?
The history of email
In 1965, what is believed to be the first e-mail system "Mailbox" was used at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the USA. The colleagues at the institute were able to leave each other messages on their computers, which were displayed again the next time they logged in.
The first email as we know it today was sent by Ray Tomlinson in 1971: he chose the @ sign to separate the local part from the domain and sent himself a message. The first e-mail address in the world was created: “tomlinson @ bbntenexa”.
In 1984 the first email was received in Germany. Michael Rotert from the University of Karlsruhe received an email from the USA at his email address "rotert @ germany" that was sent the day before. The greeting from an American colleague was: “Welcome to CSNET! Michael, this is your official welcome to CSNET. " At that time, CSNET was an American platform that was used for electronic communication between scientists.
In the 1990s the Internet became popular and the first webmail provider went online in 1996. From now on, anyone with Internet access could create their own email address. Even then, around 1 million users had registered by the end of the year. A short time later, WEB.DE also made it possible to set up your own e-mail address.
Today, e-mail has become an indispensable part of everyday life: messages to friends or colleagues, contacts, photos, etc. - all this and much more can be sent by e-mail with just a few clicks - within seconds instead of the previous one Within 24 hours. E-mail has become one of the most important means of communication today.
If this tip helped you, you can rate it below. We are looking forward to your feedback!
177 people have found this article helpful.
This article was helpful
This article was not helpfulThank you for your feedback!
The younger generation's e-mail usage
Create personalized email addresses for the team
Phishing Emails - Examples & Features
April 15, 2021
"Digital copy": Received letters as e-mail attachments
How to clean up your blacklist!
"Smart Mailbox": This is how the email categories work
March 24, 2021
Current: WEB.DE can deliver the contents of letters by email on request
Watch out: this is a "hoax"!
What is a "noreply email"?
WEB.DE mailbox: No more e-mails sent via integrated collection service addresses
- Is China in Europe or Asia
- What is Marco Polo 73
- Why does a tip feel so strange?
- There is already a cure for cancer
- Does the repo rate affect bank interest rates
- What do you think of clinical pharmacy
- Our Prime Ministers are bodyguards IPS officers
- What is the lifespan of honey
- Why was the jack invented
- What is a myringotomy
- Really stop bleeding cobwebs
- What is SocialWick com
- Where can I exchange HMQ for BTC
- What is the question that everyone has
- What is the placenta made of
- What are the theories of complex systems
- Is Lime Scooter hackable or not
- What is your opinion on Christian apologetics
- Do you let your parents borrow money
- Where do famous entrepreneurs get their ideas from?
- Is it worth using OpenCart in 2019
- How many monitors can iMac support
- What do people often misunderstand about blogging?
- How can I keep the conversation going
- To whom do we communicate our science
- How do you avoid misinterpretation through messages
- What is TSTRANSCO's selection process
- Why does our temperature fluctuate during sleep
- What is the hero's dilemma
- How does Amtrak attract record drivers
- What are some little moral stories
- Who sang the song Dear Friends in 1974
- What is indoor hydroponic gardening