What are possible diagnoses for my symptoms
Causes & Symptoms
What are gastrointestinal diseases?
There are several types of gastrointestinal diseases:
- Stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers
Ulcers in the stomach and duodenum show up as persistent pain. In the case of gastric ulcer these occur more in connection with eating and in the case of duodenal ulcer more at night when empty. Indications of bleeding from these ulcers are pitch black stools or vomiting of blood or coffee grounds.
- Diseases of the small and large intestines
Diseases of the small and large intestines also cause abdominal discomfort, abdominal pain and changes in bowel habits. Every year around 70,000 people in Germany develop colon or rectal cancer. The preventive examination of the large intestine from the age of 50 and stool examinations protect against the development of a malignant disease. This benefit is covered by the health insurances every ten years, and even more often if there is a family history or alarm symptoms.
- Functional gastrointestinal disorders
Chronic irritable bowel syndrome or functional stomach disorders have no physical causes. At the Schön Klinik, we examine your complaints thoroughly and rule out any visible diseases. Then we will explain to you exactly your functional disorders in the gastrointestinal tract and advise you on diet and lifestyle. With irritable bowel syndrome, for example, switching to a diet rich in fiber often helps. In many cases, the experts in our psychosomatic department can also give advice or take you over for psychotherapy.
Causes: This is how gastrointestinal diseases develop
Stomach ulcers and the duodenal area are often caused by the gastric mucosal bacterium Helicobacter pylori.
In the case of gastric ulcers, the main triggers are painkillers and rheumatic drugs, as well as an unhealthy lifestyle.
The causes of chronic diarrhea are manifold. Starting with intestinal diseases over food intolerance to metabolic or cancer diseases.
Symptoms: signs of gastrointestinal disease
- stomach pain
- Stomach cramps
- Stomach pressure
- Bloating, gas
- Headache and pain in the limbs
Diagnosis: This is how gastrointestinal disease is diagnosedDepending on the type and location of your complaints, we at the Schön Klinik have different diagnostic methods to get to the bottom of your illness. If the abdominal disease is unclear or if the gastrointestinal tract is mirrored, we use imaging methods such as x-rays, computed tomography and magnetic resonance tomography. After all, a gastroscopy always gives an accurate diagnosis.
Diagnostics: diseases of the esophagus
Diagnostics: diseases of the large and small intestines
Diagnostics: diarrheal diseases
Cancer prevention through early examinationsFrom the age of 50 or in the event of alarm symptoms such as excretion of blood or weight loss, a gastroscopy should be carried out at an early stage. In this way, we can recognize cancer at an early stage and treat it in good time. The gastroscopy can be performed with calming agents or under short anesthesia, if desired.
- Elected presidents conduct a training program
- How many joules is a kilowatt hour
- How do casinos prevent them from being scammed
- What are hairsprays made of
- Why should you want to pursue the law
- What is a press release in digital marketing
- What books on songwriting should you read?
- Is the Bitcoin startup LocalBitcoins legitimate?
- How can I meet Chuck Norris
- What is the principle of financial management
- Why are reservations in India not fair
- How dangerous is a newborn possum
- Which websites offer a pub-hub feed
- How do I use a crystal pendulum
- Is the DP 200 Microsoft certification good
- How long does strep last after antibiotics
- Which companies that specialize in quantum computing
- What are lanthanides
- What does koryo mean in Korean
- Why was Google fined 167 million for advertising
- What are some examples of alkaline solutions
- Would you go on a blind date
- What is the trendiest car to own
- Are there really free universities online
- How long has there been time
- What is a love tap
- What are the main beliefs of Christianity
- What is the
- Is fascism between communism and capitalism
- What are the top 10 academic journals
- How do I get rich in programming
- Freezing your credit can damage your credit
- How do I get out of loneliness
- Can you teach yourself how to cook