Narcissistic people have a chemical imbalance
Psychiatry, Psychosomatics & Psychotherapy
Much research indicates that bipolar disorder is a disease of the brain. It could be proven that the brain metabolism and the brain messenger substances dopamine, noradrenaline, serotonin and GABA function abnormally.
Even if a bipolar disorder itself cannot apparently be inherited, at least the susceptibility to such a disease is passed on from generation to generation. Stressful life events can then lead to the outbreak of the disease. Research has shown that having a child with one parent who is sick has a 10 to 20% risk. If both parents are affected, the risk for the child increases to 50 to 60%.
Imaging procedures revealed changes in the activity of the so-called limbic system in the brain of those affected during an episode of the disease. The limbic system is responsible for feeling and processing feelings. The altered activity in processing feelings explains why stressful events often precede bipolar illness.
Apparently, the time of year also plays a certain role in bipolar diseases. Statistically speaking, manic episodes occur more frequently in summer, while more depressive episodes occur in autumn. Reasons for these seasonal fluctuations are not yet known, the influence of light and the serotonin metabolism seem to play a role.
- Why is nuclear waste dangerous?
- Should Roger Federer retire
- What is the best laptop for presentations
- What do people learn in Christian camps
- What is post-liposuction retouching
- What is your strange food allergy
- How do I heal sports injuries
- Why do narcissists hate empaths so much
- What is a Renewable Energy Investment
- How heavy are SWAT vehicles
- Going to the gym reduces sweating
- What is the cause of human suffering
- Has Yosemite Redwoods
- What are impressions
- Where can I learn Windows hacking
- Which project should I do in instrumentation?
- Space travel is possible
- Which Delhi Monuments remains open on Mondays
- Which frequencies affect our body and mind
- How are skinheads doing in prison?
- How many of you are depressed
- Is knowledge based on recognition
- Why did DirecTV delete CBS