What are the uses of LED today
Put in the right light
Prejudice No. 2: "LEDs contain blue light that is harmful to health"
The Federal Office of Public Health writes the following in its fact sheet on LED light sources: According to the current state of knowledge, the blue light component of LEDs does not endanger the health of the eyes. This also applies to children and people with very clear or missing eye lenses. " However, the fact sheet advises against using LEDs at a small distance from the eye (less than 20 cm).
Prejudice no. 3: "LEDs generate artificial light and make you tired"
On the contrary: LED lighting can produce light that is very similar to daylight. In addition, LEDs make the colors appear natural. In contrast to conventional lighting, LED lighting has the advantage that there are fewer contrast images that are eye-tiring.
Prejudice no. 4: "There is much more gray energy * in LEDs than in a light bulb"
Energy consumption is highest for all types of lamps during use. LED light sources need more manufacturing energy than traditional light bulbs or halogen lamps: with an LED lamp it is 5 kilowatt hours, with an incandescent lamp it is only 0.9 kilowatt hours. However, their energy balance is still better because of the higher energy efficiency and longer service life - an LED lasts 20-30 times longer than an incandescent lamp and requires approx. 4 times less energy.
* Embodied energy: Energy that is used to manufacture, transport, store, sell and dispose of a product
Prejudice No. 5: "LEDs are expensive"
Looking only at the price of the product, e.g. B. an LED lamp compared to a halogen lamp, then the LED lamp is more expensive. But since LEDs consume less power and have a longer lifespan, the total costs of an LED are significantly lower. A calculation example from topten.ch shows: While the total costs for 10 years for a halogen lamp are 104 francs, it is just 19.50 francs for an LED.
- What benefits are low hanging fruits
- Quarks are the smallest particles
- Why does the moon block the sun
- Fake tan is racist
- What is copper electrical conductivity
- How do songs make money
- How many postcodes are there in India
- Which company offers outsourcing services for label entries?
- Have you ever faced dress faux pas
- What is multivariate normality in statistics
- How is your organic chemistry so strong
- Is LPU good or not
- What did Ariel Sharon do right
- What is Appcues
- Tron Trx is just a hype coin
- Why is India weak from Canada
- Which pets are most loyal to humans
- Will cyber piracy ever stop?
- What is Leishman Flecken Principle
- What are some uses for vegetable glycerin
- Edward Furlong had an unhappy childhood
- Is cyberspace either a space or a place?
- What if Vladimir Lenin was murdered?
- Should women swallow after a blowjob