What are the side effects of microdermabrasion
The Microdermabrasion has been around for many years an integral part of equipment cosmetics and is offered by many beauticians as well as alternative practitioners and doctors. She can be yours Improve complexion, soothes pigment spots and is also suitable as a Preparation for an injection. In the following you will find out what exactly this mechanical skin peeling is and how you can benefit from it too.
What is microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a mechanical peeling. That means that by mechanical action dead skin cells on the surface are removed.
Most home peels are also mechanical peels. They contain small abrasive particles that are applied in a circular motion to clean the top layer of skin from dead cells. However, microdermabrasion is much more effective.
The Device works with a vacuum and compressed air. There are three different forms:
- Microdermabrasion with sand: This form is particularly effective and deeply effective. At the same time, hygienic work is ensured because the applied material is sterile.
- Microdermabrasion with water: With this method, the skin is least stressed, so it is also suitable for slightly more sensitive skin.
- Microdermabrasion with small diamonds: The treatment takes place more superficially in contrast to the treatment with sand. The intensity of the grinder can only be easily controlled with experienced hands. In addition, it is assumed that the risk of infection is higher than treatment with crystal sand, because it is more difficult to sterilize the grinding head.
In the following figure we have illustrated the use of microdermabrasion with the three most common types of treatment for you:
How does a mechanical skin peeling work?
Microdermabrasion has a wide range of effects. On the one hand, the skin becomes Removing the dead scales is softer and looks smoother and plumper. Besides, she is smoother, which leads to an improved feeling on the skin.
Pigment disorders such as the so-called Age spots can through a mechanical skin peeling alleviated become. Same goes for Stretch marks, for example as a result of weight gain or pregnancy ("stretch marks").
Because microdermabrasion is the Promotes blood circulation, it can also counteract a pale complexion and tired-looking facial features.
Since the surface of the skin is freed of unnecessary ballast, it is behind more permeable to active ingredientsthat thus achieve stronger effects can. Therefore, microdermabrasion is often carried out before a cosmetic treatment with active ingredients.
When does microdermabrasion make sense?
If you want a cosmetic treatment to be particularly effective and the helpful ingredients to penetrate deep into your skin, microdermabrasion makes sense beforehand.
Even if you want a more refined complexion, this treatment method is suitable for you. All people with thicker or keratinized skin can benefit from it. This is especially true for Smokers as well as people whose skin is exposed to external influences, too Cornification to lead. Incidentally, this also includes sun damage. (However, if you have an acute sunburn, microdermabrasion is taboo!)
If you are planning a hyaluronic acid injection, this form of treatment can be one very good preparation be. Especially in the area of the lips, but microdermabrasion is also helpful on the cheeks beforehand.
Since the skin is often hardened or calloused here, an injection is more difficult. The skin structure is softened by a peeling. This makes it easier to lift wrinkles. Then the naturopath or doctor needs less hyaluron. That makes the injection more cost-effective for you.
When should I refrain from microdermabrasion?
At Skin injuries and one acute sunburn no microdermabrasion should be performed. The same goes for some Skin disorders, such as atopic dermatitis or rosacea. Microdermabrasion is also not recommended for severe acne, herpes and warts.
If in doubt, speak to your dermatologist before such treatment. A reputable beautician will also tell you openly if microdermabrasion is not suitable for you.
If you want to have the treatment carried out in preparation for an injection, you have to do so between the last microdermabrasion and the procedure be at least two weeks apart. This is how long it takes the skin to fully recover from the mechanical peeling.
in the After an injection you have to wait a monthbefore you go for a mechanical peel again. In the early days, cosmetic treatments can not only irritate the skin, but also worsen the result, for example by shifting the hyaluronic acid under the skin. You can find out more about this in our text on follow-up care.
What side effects can this treatment have?
Sometimes it happens after microdermabrasion, especially if you have sensitive skin Redness and / or swelling of the skin.
Treatment continued Short-term self-protection of the skin. As a result, she is in the first time after a microdermabrasion more prone to photodamage and external influences. It is therefore ideally carried out in autumn or winter, when the UV radiation is not so strong and we spend more time in closed rooms anyway. If you have it done in spring or summer, please stay out of the sun for now. If this cannot be avoided, you need sun protection products with a high sun protection factor.
If used too often, mechanical peeling can destroy the skin's barrier function. Although it is common to have several sessions, these should take place at least four weeks apart. If you adhere to this time schedule, you can expect a visible improvement in the complexion without taking any risks.
Are you still facing the treatment decision?
Have you already had an injection?
- Clenbuterol has a different name
- How does an event loop work
- Why are oxymorons so confusingly true
- Kotlin is easier to learn than Java
- What are some good work boots
- Should peadophiles be sterilized
- Can stay healthy to reverse Alzheimer's
- Which company offers outsourcing services for label entries?
- Facebook calls are encrypted
- What is a Medical Quality Reporting System
- How do accelerator tanning lotions work
- How do I fear my hair
- What are the developers doing at Oracle
- What do perceptual illusions mean
- What does Bikri Tax mean?
- Is it possible to develop analytical thinking?
- There was before Ford automaker
- What's so great about coffee
- Has anyone used WealthSimple in Canada
- Early Christianity was influenced by Mitani Hindus
- Will loans help my credit?
- Muslims in India celebrate Nowruz
- Why do we have to study genetics
- Where do billionaires go for sailing trips